Weekender scholarships for BHoF Weekender attendees
Through the generosity of several donors and community partners – Bawdy Suit Burlesque, Jacqueline Hyde, Sabor, Silk and Spice Rising, Carnivale du Sensuale, and 2022 Miss Exotic World, Lou Lou la Duchesse de Rière – there will be several scholarships available to attend the 2024 Weekender. Each scholarship will provide a full Weekender pass, hotel accommodations for Weds-Sun, and a $300 travel credit, allowing persons who might otherwise not be able to attend the Weekender to take part at minimal expense to themselves.
Each scholarship will be focused slightly differently and have its own application process managed by the sponsoring parties. Individuals will be able to apply to all they qualify for, though will only be eligible to receive one in any given year. The scholarships will include:
- The BHoF BIPOC scholarship: Available to all BIPOC people – Black, AAPI, Latine, Indigenous, and anyone else who identifies as BIPOC.
- The Natividad Scholarship, presented by Sabor – A Latin Burlesque and Drag Revue: Awarded to a performer in the Latine community.
- The Camille 2000 Honorary Keep Burlesque Weird BHoF Scholarship, presented by Carnivale du Sensuale. Awarded to performer of any background applying to perform at the 2024 BHoF Weekender.
- The Asè Scholarship, presented by Bawdy Suit: Awarded to a member of the Black community. Everyone encouraged to apply – disabled, trans and queer applicants will be given priority.
Please check back often. Information about further Community Scholarships will be added as we receive it.
Applications will open in January unless otherwise noted. Further clarification of the qualifications and application requirements for each scholarship will be announced as we receive them.
The Natividad Memorial Scholarship
Sabor National Touring Latin Burlesque & Revue is awarding The Natividad Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship will provide one person with a Full Weekend Pass, Hotel and Accommodation (Wednesday – Monday) for 5 Nights, and a $300.00 Travel Credit.
This Scholarship is available only to a member of The Latinx, Latino, Mexican/ Mexican American (Chicano), Hispanic, Latin American Indigenous first nations & Afro Latino performing community. The recipient will be selected by a panel of community members who have NO direct affiliation with the Burlesque Hall of Fame. Selection will be based on need, how the scholarship benefits the recipient, and how the recipient will use the opportunity to serve the Latin Burlesque Community.
- Must be 21+ & a Museum Member to apply
- Must be of Latinx, Latino, Mexican/ Mexican American (Chicano), Hispanic, Latin American Indigenous first nations & Afro Latino
- This application is open to people outside of The United States of America that are of Latin descent.
- Priority will be given to our Indigenous and Afro-Latinx/o siblings
- If awarded we will ask for of the performer to document their journey from start to end on social media.
- We will request to spend time with The Burlesque Legends, Attend Legends Night and Attend The Legends Panel at the Burlesque Hall of Fame.
- We will ask the performer to visit The Burlesque Hall of Fame Museum.
Apply now at https://forms.gle/4BSK3ybRoPWUbnE8A. Deadline is March 30, 2024.
The Camille 2000 Honorary Keep Burlesque Weird BHoF Scholarship
Presented by Carnivale De Sensuale
Goal: To encourage and support artists who create more “neo” or “performance art” based acts to apply and attend the Burlesque Hall Of Fame Weekender.
Scholarship: Carnivale De Sensuale will cover the cost of airfare to and from BHOF (up to $700), 3 nights of hotel at The Orleans, and a weekend pass (if required) for the scholarship winner.
Starting in the fall of 2023 applicants will be encouraged to apply for the 2024 Scholarship. This will be a yearly scholarship going forward.
Applications will be free, and will be required to include a video of the act the performer intends to apply to BHoF with.
Application will close November 30th each year.
A committee of Carnivale cast and crew will review all applications and select 10 finalists, ranking them from 1st – 10th. Finalists will be announced in early January each year.
Finalists will win having their BHoF application fee for the Finalist act reimbursed by Carnivale.
After BHoF announces who has been accepted to perform Carnivale will announce the scholarship winner based on the following rules:
- If none of the Finalists are selected to perform at BHOF then the #1 ranked act will win the scholarship.
- If only one of the Finalists is selected to perform at BHOF, then that person will automatically win the scholarship.
- If more than one of the finalists is selected to perform at BHOF, then the top ranked act selected will win the scholarship.
Click here for more information and to apply. Deadline is November 30, 2023.
The BHoF BIPOC Weekender Scholarship
Applications are now open for the 2024 BHoF BIPOC Weekender Scholarship. Funded by a generous donation from Jacqueline Hyde, this scholarship is intended to give a member of the BIPOC burlesque community who may not have the financial means to attend the annual BHoF Weekender in Las Vegas an opportunity to do so.
The recipient will receive:
- Full pass to the 2023 BHoF Weekender in Las Vegas, June 6-9
- 5 nights at the Orleans Hotel and Casino during the event
- $300 stipend to offset travel expenses
The recipient will be selected by BHoF’s BIPOC Committee, a committee of outside volunteers and board members, based on financial need and the applicant’s current or potential contribution to promoting greater inclusivity and diversity in the world burlesque.
This scholarship is open to all BIPOC persons regardless of nationality. (For the purposes of this award, “BIPOC” refers to anyone connected to Black, Indigenous, Latine, Asian, and other non-white ethnic communities.)
Apply here. Applications close at midnight on March 1, 2024.
Presented by Bawdy Suit
An application for a scholarship to attend the Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekender to be awarded to a member of the Black community (with priority given to Trans, Queer and/or Disabled persons). Scholarship recipient will receive:
- Accommodations at the Orleans Hotel and Casino for 5 days
- Tickets to each night of the Weekend/Tournament of Tease
- $300 stipend to offset travel expenses
The ASE Scholarship recipient will be selected by a panel of community members who have NO direct affiliation with the Burlesque Hall of Fame. Selection will be based on the need, how the scholarship benefits the recipient and how the recipient will use the opportunity to serve the Black Burlesque Community.
The Silk and Spice BHoF Weekender Scholarship
This scholarship to attend the Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekender is to be awarded to a member of the pan-Asian (AAPI/AAPIDA/AANHPI) community, with priority given to community members who are Black Asian, black/kalo Asian, South Asian, plus size, trans, queer, and/or disabled. Scholarship recipient will receive:
- A full pass to the 2024 Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekender
- Accommodations at the Orleans Hotel and Casino for 5 days during the Weekender (Wednesday through Monday)
- Travel expenses stipend (up to $300, based on travel expense receipts)
- Must be 21 years or older at time of application.
- Must be of Asian or Pacific Islander heritage.
- Recipient commits to the documentation of their journey throughout, via social media.
- Recipient commits to attending BHoF Finishing School classes during the Weekender.
- Recipient commits to the prioritization of time spent with the Legends, particularly by attending the Titans of Tease showcase as well as attending the Legends’ Panel.
The Silk and Spice Scholarship recipient will be selected by a panel of community members who have no direct affiliation with the Burlesque Hall of Fame. Selection will be based on need, how the scholarship benefits the recipient, and how the recipient will use the opportunity to serve the pan-Asian Burlesque Community. This scholarship is presented by Silk and Spice Rising, a new Pan-Asian performance arts festival. Conceptualized in the spring of 2021 by Tas Al-Ghul, the executive producer of Vamptastic Productions, this festival will be debuting in May 2024 and will be a celebration of Asian cabaret and nightlife performance artists.
Apply Here (Application Deadline: Sunday, March 17, 2024)
Note: BHoF will still be offering the Sparkly Devil Memorial Scholarship, which offers a close-up experience with our burlesque Legends as well as a Weekender pass and accomodations, and is open to everyone. For more information on that scholarship, click here.