The following are the overall rules for On-Screen Guest(s) appearing at the 2021 Virtual Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekender (“VHoF”).
We welcome thoughts from our community; if you have any feedback or questions, please email email@example.com.
- All guests must be 21 years of age or older at the time of video submission recording.
- All guests and any participating personnel agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules.
- Though fees for being considered to appear are not required, donations, museum membership and promotion of the event are suggested.
- The deadline for all submissions is Friday, May 14, 2021 at 11:59 PM PDT.
- No changes to the application itself can be made once it is submitted.
- Performance cannot be significantly different from the submission. If selected for VHoF, then guests must present the same act that was submitted. Final authority over changes is at the discretion of BHoF.
- Selected guests will be required to upload video and/or audio by the deadline as required by the VHoF Production Team. If the act includes live vocals and/or music, the VHoF Production Team will reach out with specific instructions. Submitted materials are non-returnable and may be used for the purpose of promoting the Burlesque Hall of Fame and VHoF.
- All entries within the open application period will receive equal evaluation.
- BHoF reserves the right to delete or remove from consideration any application accounts that are deemed to be false, misleading, spam, or otherwise not representative of an actual performer intending to submit a legitimate application.
- All submissions must be the work and artistry of guest.
- All guests agree to donate time and talent and will not receive any additional compensation from BHoF. VHoF or its related parties. Additionally, guests are responsible for all costs relating to appearing in VHoF.
- Full nudity is prohibited and coverings such as pasties and G-strings must be worn at all times. Specifically:
- All performers are required to fully cover their genitals with an article of clothing while on-screen.
- Areolas must be fully covered at all times while on-screen, regardless of gender identity.
- Any incorporation of full nudity, sex toys, or explicit sexual imagery of any kind (real or simulated) are prohibited.
- Failure to follow any of the above will result in immediate removal from VHoF, and the involved party(ies) shall be excluded from future BHoF performance opportunities at the discretion of BHoF.
- BHoF reserves the right to remove the submission from the lineup if BHoF determines it violates any of the guidelines stated above or in any of the other rules related to this event.
Legal compliance and indemnification
- All applicants and participants agree to abide by all applicable laws regarding nudity and appropriateness as described elsewhere in these rules.
- By submitting (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), Applicant understands and agrees that BHoF, anyone acting on behalf of BHoF, and BHoF’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, Applicant entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about and on BHoF, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- All participants agree to take full responsibility for themselves, their screen share, and the act they are performing. All participants agree to hold the Burlesque Hall of Fame and any of its representatives blameless for any accident, injury, or loss that might occur due to their participation in this event, and free from all liability for accidents, injuries, or losses.
Code of Conduct
When appearing in VHoF, On-Screen Guests address the audience as a representative of BHoF, and as such, the content and demeanor should reflect the values of the Burlesque Hall of Fame.
The Burlesque Hall of Fame is committed to operating with integrity, openness, compassion, and respect. As such:
- We provide all guests with a warm and welcoming environment in which to learn, experience, and create.
- We view our collection as a legacy for the future and strive to maintain its integrity through appropriate conservation and thoughtful acquisition.
- We will operate and be governed to the highest attainable standards of transparency, accountability, and professionalism.
- We respect the topics we cover and the people whose lives we represent, and encourage our audiences, visitors, staff, volunteers, and communities to do the same.
- We are committed to fair and just treatment of all people, regardless of their race, creed, nationality, degree of bodily ability, age, appearance, sex, gender, orientation, or socioeconomic status.
- We serve our community and welcome the active participation of its members.
- We ask that you refrain from jokes, comments, or other content that target persons or groups on the basis of their degree of able-bodiedness, age, body type, sexual orientation or identification, gender, race, or ethnicity, as well as any statements that minimize or mock sexual assault, abuse, or harassment.